Friday 29 December 2017

The Best 50 Beatles Songs Ever

Inspired by recent conversations on Twitter about bands you could build a steady 40 song playlist for, I decided to make a Beatles one. Anyway, I decided to listen to the Beatles and pretty much nothing else for a few hours just to see which ones I would pick.

During that, and doing some research, I found there's an awful lot of Top 50 Beatles songs out there lists. Being the saddo I am, I decided to enter all* these lists into a chart and work out what were the best 50 Beatles songs out there. Dead scientific, this. Anyway, here's the list. Can't believe You Know My Name (Look Up My Number) isn't in there....

I still haven't finished my own 40 song playlist either.

  1. A Day in the Life
  2. Strawberry Fields Forever
  3. Something
  4. Hey Jude
  5. Let It Be
  6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  7. In My Life
  8. Norwegian Wood
  9. Eleanor Rigby
  10. Tomorrow Never Knows
  11. Yesterday
  12. I Saw Her Standing There
  13. Ticket to Ride
  14. Here Comes The Sun
  15. I Want To Hold Your Hand
  16. Penny Lane
  17. A Hard Day's Night
  18. Help
  19. Come Together
  20. Paperback Writer
  21. Blackbird
  22. She Loves You
  23. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
  24. All You Need is Love
  25. Cant Buy Me Love
  26. Get Back
  27. All My Loving
  28. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
  29. Abbey Road Medley
  30. Please Please Me
  31. Revolution
  32. I Am The Walrus
  33. Dear Prudence
  34. For No One
  35. We Can Work It Out
  36. Day Tripper
  37. Nowhere Man
  38. With A Little Help From My Friends
  39. Drive My Car
  40. Across the Universe
  41. Here. There and Everywhere
  42. Rain
  43. And Your Bird Can Sing
  44. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
  45. Helter Skelter
  46. Twist and Shout
  47. She Said, She Said
  48. Taxman
  49. Got to Get You Into My Life
  50. Eight Days A Week

* eight lists. That's enough data, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment